If you didn’t buy your usual raffle tickets this year for the Cherry Festival to support the fire departments because there really was no festival, or you never got around to contributing to the McCord Library or the food pantry or the train museum or the arts council or the historical society or any of the other North East nonprofits, here’s your chance.
Contribute Tuesday and your gift gets a boost
This Tuesday is the annual Erie Gives Day and it’s a pretty big deal because your contribution dollars receive a pro-rated match from the Erie Community Foundation and if you contribute to one of the North East area nonprofits, the North East Community Foundation will also add a pro-rated match from $30,000 they’ve added to the pot.
It’s quick, easy and tax deductible
From 8AM to 8PM on Tuesday, August 10th, just visit the Erie Gives Day page online and make a contribution with your credit card. Select the nonprofits you want your dollars to go to and that’s it. The minimum is $25, but be generous because it’s the right thing to do.
North East Area nonprofits:
- 4 N.I.N.E. Place
- Advance North East Foundation
- Community Nursing Services of North East
- Downtown North East, Inc.
- First Baptist Church of NE
- First Presbyterian Church, North East, PA
- Fuller Hose Company No. 1
- Lake Shore Railway Historical Society & Museum
- McCord Memorial Library
- North East Arts Council
- North East Community Food Pantry
- North East Community Foundation
- North East Education Foundation
- North East Historical Society
- North East In Bloom
- North East Little League
- Orchard Beach Assembly
- Park United Methodist Church
- Project Love, Inc.
Do it once and feel good all year
C’mon, for less than the cost of a tank of gas you can make a big difference. You’ll get a warm, fuzzy feeling and a big smile on your face knowing you’ve helped make North East a better place. This Tuesday, 8AM to 8PM. It doesn’t get any easier than this. Just do it.
Link to: Erie Gives Day